Our final day in Zao Onsen was the best of all - great weather, great snow and adventurous skiing!
We were up close and personal with Zao's famous snow monsters and we even hiked up above the cornice on the headwall to access a great snowfield beyond,
That was an expedition reminiscent of many adventures on the headwalls of the Scottish corries.
Zao Onsen's Snow Monsters
The final night in Ueno, on the outskirts of Tokyo, was memorable for aesthetic and cultural reasons - you had to be there.
Our special thanks for help, guidance and friendship go out to:
We'll be heading back to Japan, of course.
More immediately, there's:
- the March series of Level 1 and 2 Performance Breakthrough clinics, in Morzine
- the late April Level 3 clinc and celebration in Argentiere
- the 5 day Level 4 ski tour in Gran Paradiso, Italy
- and a level 5, yes count those levels, a level 5 ski touring trip to Iceland, in early June
There is an opportunity for advanced skiers to join our
MARCH 2018, PERFORMANCE BREAKTHROUGH Level 1 clinic
- Monday 19 March to Friday 23 March, 2018,
- in the fabulous skiing area of MORZINE.
- More information here
- Please email me for more information, or to express interest